A new month begins…thank God summer is approaching! This month I have joined a Wellness Challenge at my Zumba studio. I love joining these challenges for many reason, mostly because they keep me accountable and a little competition is fun. This challenge is a little different than the last, as it is not about weight loss, but taking steps to living healthier. I am all about this because these darn pounds are stubborn! This challenge is all about earning points for making healthy choices.
I have made many changes in my lifestyle since really committing to being healthier. Most notably my dedication to exercising, but challenging myself is something that tends to be really hard, I mean it took me like 3 years to even step into a Zumba class! I also tend to get really frustrated when I do not see the scale moving as fast as I want it to. So, this month I am going to set a few realistic (hopefully) goals. Bonus is this is getting me 5 points for the challenge, so here it goes!
- See the scale go down. The challenge may be not about weight loss, but I still have pounds to lose so that is a goal for me. Ideally, I would like to be back down to where I was right before vacation, but any loss is a loss.
- Track my points for a minimum of five days a week. For me, tracking what I am eating with the Watchers is the best way for me to ensure that I am eating correctly. If I am not actively tracking, my portions tends to get out of control and I end up consuming way more calories than I should. I like using Weight Watchers because I find it much easier than tracking calories because everything has calories, but not everything has points. Also, tracking is going to get me 5 points a week in the challenge, so bring it on.
- Go to Pound Class. Ok, so when I first started Pound, I really liked it, but as time has gone on I find it a class I struggle to find the motivation to go to. It is very hard on my lower back, an area I always have trouble with, but this month I will go to Pound at least once a week. It is an insanely good workout and focuses a lot on abs, which will only help with my lower back. Plus, it is worth the most points!
- Win! This goal may be a little lofty, but this challenge I am in it to win it! I am going to have some stiff competition, but I know I can step it up and this W is possible! It’s amazing how these challenges get my competitive juices flowing…
- School, Work, Life. My focus, like many people, can oftentimes be spread in a million directions. I mean I work full-time, I am working towards my masters part-time (I will be done in November, wooohooo!!), I write this blog (that hopefully someone reads 🙂 ), and I try to have a small social life. This month I am focusing on maintaining my (perfect!) GPA, even though my current Tax class is so hard. Also, I am going to try to find time, and ways, to improve my readership of this blog. Help a girl out and spread the word!
- Closet Clean Out. I have been talking about this for about 6 months now, but this month I will clean out and organize my closet! With a blog post to match!
Hopefully, these are realistic goals that I will achieve in this month.
Bring on the challenge, and the warm weather, fingers crossed!